Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Colour Study



I decided to re-present the fabrics I dyed previously in order to create a colour wheel. I began by painting a page in my sketch book with my new box of Koh-I-Noor waterbased dye paints, waited for them to dry and then arranged in descending order all the cut and frayed fragments of fabric, sewing them to the page. Next time I am sewing a sample to Pink Pig sketchbook paper I shall put on a thimble!!

Later I had lots of fun painting a few pages with washes of Brusho paints, another new acquisition. I really like the colour effects of the Brusho paints, and was able to mix up the exact shade I wanted to match the coral pearl cotton thread used in sample #1 below, by combining orange with a touch of brilliant red. It's just like playing with dyes but without any of the hassle of washing out fabric afterwards!

No comments:

Post a Comment