Friday, March 18, 2011

Chapter 3: Design Sheet B



Design Sheet B was created on A3 size background, painted sheet.Using coloured papers in the same colour scheme as Design Sheet A, I cut squares of paper about 6cms wide. I adapted the star shape used in Design Sheet A to create new shapes and designs.
(i) Large and small version of same shape combined to create a new star shape
(ii)Edge-to-edge repeat pattern using 2 sizes of star shape
(iii)Repeat border and corner pattern using 2 sizes of star shape
(iv) Linking border pattern using different shapes
(v) Linking 2 different shapes
(vi)A new shape created from an old shape

Comments: I loved creating this design sheet as it felt a whole lot more lively to me than Design Sheet A. If I was doing it again I would use a more interesting, variegated and mottled background, and perhaps even more varied shades, tints and tones for the foreground colours. Repeat patterns 2 +3 were the most interesting to design.

No comments:

Post a Comment